Another weekend at home looms, but hey - it's great weather and what better time to dine outside? An al-fresco dinner is always fun, but it's even better when it's pizza.
There's no need to search around for a takeaway menu either. All you need is your camping stove, a pan and a few simple ingredients. Trust us, this one will keep the entire family happy (unless you're going to argue over the toppings!)
Have a great weekend. Stay at home, keep safe, have fun and eat well.
Pizza in a Pan
You will need
- Vegetable oil
- Pizza dough (1 tube)
- 1 x 400ml jar of tomato pizza sauce (or passata)
- Mozzarella cheese (225g)
- 1 x red onion (diced)
- 1 x pepper of your choice (diced)
- 100g shredded chicken breast
- 1tsp oregano or mixed herbs
- BBQ sauce
- Heat 1tsp of oil in a wide bottomed pan over a medium heat
- Press pizza dough into the pan, spread out so it is flattened and touching the base of the pan. Trim the excess with a knife.
- Flip the pizza dough after a few minutes or when the bottom is nicely browned
- Spread pizza sauce or passata evenly around the dough - leave a 1/2 inch aroun the edge
- Scatter mozzarella evenly on top of the sauce, follow with the diced onions, peppers and chicken
- Top with the oregano or mixed herbs
- Cover with a lid and leave to cook until the cheese has melted nicely and the dough is browned and curling at the edges.
- Top with the BBQ sauce
- For a more traditional finish you could run the pizza under a grill if you have one in your camping kit.