It's everyone's favourite time of year! The sun is out, the daylight hours are longer and the daffodils are blooming. With spring in full swing, it's only fair this week's Campfire Dishes incorporate everyone favourite spring/summer cooking tool – The Barbecue!
We've chosen a great selection of ingredients that you can pack on the day and enjoy on the hill, or the campsite, or wherever your barbecue takes you!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 250g block halloumi cheese, cut into 8 thick slicesl
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 4 tbsp fresh tomato salsa (available at most supermarkets)
- Biolite Campstove 2 (or any that you have)
- Biolite CampStove Portable Grill
- Plate – For serving
- Heat a barbecue until the coals are glowing white hot.
- Brush each side of all the halloumi slices with olive oil and cook them on each side for 2-3 mins or until golden.
- Split the brioche buns and toast each side lightly on the BBQ. The spread both halves with hummus.
- Add some tomato and then the halloumi, layering it on top of one another
- Finish with the lettuce and salsa and top with the other half of the bun.
To be enjoyed anywhere and everywhere in the great outdoors!